TERMS & CONDITIONS
PARENTS / SPECTATORS CODE OF CONDUCT
• Encourage children to participate if they are interested. If they are not, don’t force them.
• If your child is unable to attend a game, please advise us as soon as possible (minimum 24 hours).
• Focus on playing the game, reducing the emphasis on winning.
• Teach children that an honest effort is as important as victory, so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
• Encourage children to always play by the rules.
• Do not criticise children in front of others, but reserve constructive criticism for more private moments.
• Remember children are involved in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
• Remember a child learns best by example. Applaud good play by all teams.
• Accept decisions of all referees as being fair and called to the best of their ability. Do not raise issues of disagreement publicly.
• Do not criticise opposing team members or supporters by word or gesture.
• Set a good example by your own conduct, behaviour
• Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
• Avoid use of derogatory language based on gender, race or appearance
NOTE: A breach of this code could result in up to a 12 month ban on attending events conducted or in association with Jump Junior Basketball